Watch How Drones Save Lives
This two day training course is for current emergency service personnel in law enforcement, fire fighting, search and rescue, disaster response, hazardous material teams and other emergency services who are interested in bringing UAV’s/Drones into their agencies operations. With the ability of rapid deployment on site, drones are already being used in emergency settings with first responders and are quickly becoming accepted as a must have resource for those working in this environment. UAV’s/Drones have helped locate missing people, assisted firefighters by surveying burning buildings, track and locate suspects and investigate areas of interest without the risk of human life. This invaluable course is taught by highly experienced first responders and is a must for departments looking to use this new technology to save lives.
Here’s what students will receive in this knowledge packed training;
- Overview of common uses for Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) drone technology in emergency response, case studies
- UAV remote (thermal) sensing, processing and distribution
- Establishing a safe flight environment
- FAA licensing pathways- Part 107 rules and waivers, Certificate of Authorization (COA)
- UAV limitations- what we can and cannot do
- Public agency legal concerns, public support
- UAV operational costs
- Planning mission profiles and activities
- Autonomous flight applications and how to use them
- Team scenario training
- Live demonstration of visual and thermal imaging using a drone
- Full access to Chief Instructor for all questions after graduation
- Certificate of Completion
Cost for UAS/Drone First Responder Certification: $1,590.00 civilian ($995 for current, verified first responders- contact our office for verification and discount code)
Students who enroll in any other Drone University USA training course, in addition to this course, will receive a $100 discount.
For a limited time Drone University USA is offering enrolled UAS/Drone First Responder Certification students a $50.00 referral fee for each referred new student that completes the same training course.